We've had such a fantastic June, just enjoying the lazy days of summer. Lots of swimming and playing outside (when the humidity isn't 99%). Unfortuntately, it's made me, well, lazy. So here's to catching up on blogging.
The title of this post may be a little misleading, as I'm sure our wedding day and the births of our children really rank up there as Stephen's best days. But, this day in particular came pretty darn close. In April, we headed back to our alma mater for the spring football "Orange and White" game. We paid a little extra to participate in a "Young Alumni" function (I think the "young" part was a stretch for us). Anyway, it was Stephen's dream come true: a tour of all the athletic facilities, including the football locker rooms and behind the scenes press rooms, etc. For Tennessee football fans of the caliber as Stephen, who get teary-eyed come every August when the phrase "It's football time in Tennessee" is muttered, this is a BIG deal. I think he actually got teary-eyed during the tour (sorry, babe). Then we got to watch the game from one of the luxury suites, and pig out on catered food. Much different from the tiny bleacher seat and hot dogs we usually experience on game day. But we had a fantastic time. It was the perfect spring day, and one I'm sure Stephen will be re-living for a while :)
Here are some pics:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment