I saw this idea in a recent issue of Family Fun magazine, which I love love love. And their website is great, too. I like the idea of sidewalk chalk, but for some reason chalk of any kind has always given me the heebie jeebies. Something about the dust it leaves on my hands. Ooh, I'm getting the chills just thinking about it. Thank goodness I always had dry erase boards in my classroom when I was teaching. Anyway, you just mix equal parts cornstarch and water (I used 1/2 cup of each for these batches); mix with a fork as it gets a little clumpy at first. Then add some food coloring and you're done. It can make for a good little lesson in what colors mix to make what, which Eliza still has trouble with. Here are some pictures of our outing today. I think I enjoy it more than she does!


My rendering of Eliza. Sadly, that's the extent of my artistic ability.




No comments:
Post a Comment