Stephen and I saw this a couple of years ago while watching coverage of the Ironman Triathlon in Hawaii (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, THEN a marathon) and I was blown away (and brought to tears) by this amazing father-son team. Thanks Jackie, for bringing it my attention again today with your email! As incredible as Dick Hoyt's love for his son Rick is, it's only a smidgeon of the love our Heavenly Father has for us. I still have trouble wrapping my mind around that idea---that the God that made the universe loves little ole' me THAT much, unconditionally, and there's nothing I can do to ever get outside that love. Wow. You may have heard this story, but it never loses it's inspirational message to me. Watch and enjoy, and grab your tissues.
This first video is a clip from the Ironman coverage interviewing Dick and Rick and giving background to their story. The second one is video of them in the actual competition, with "Redeemer" (one of my faves) playing in the background.
