Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I promise I really am crafty

I realized the other day that despite the name of my blog, I haven't been very "crafty" lately. I've got a stack of fabric sitting in my closet (yes it's still clean!!) of fall outfits for Eliza that I've already cut out (hurray! I HATE cutting out patterns with every fiber of my soul). And I've actually appliqued one (another hurray!). But it's still sitting there in pieces, like a long-forgotten toy that is longing to be played with. But, alas, next week is my saving grace: MDO is back in business! ("mother's day out" if you are not familiar with this lovely creation). Now that Eliza doesn't nap anymore, and I'm just so darn tired at night, I have very little free time to work on projects. Or at least I tend to spend most of that free time reading other people's blogs and looking at their lovely projects instead of working on my own. But next week, both of my beloved children will be at school at our church 2 days a week, and although I will spend one of those days working at church, I will still have one day to play. I'm determined to get back on track--I have a million ideas buzzing around in my head, if I can only get them going. And I better hurry; we are looking at putting our house on the market in the near future, and my beloved sewing machine and serger will most likely be packed away will all the legions of toys cluttering our house in an attempt to make it "show-ready". But....I digress. That's a post for another time.

One reason I haven't been sewing is that I've had a TON of stationery business lately, which has been fantastic. In addition to doing something I LOVE, creating stationery for people, I got to send the Adamus family a little extra last month as a result of those orders, which was great. I know they are preparing for back-to-school in Poland like everyone here, which means additional costs for their three kids. So a big thank-you to everyone who ordered from me--it's much appreciated! Below are some of my recent creations (I've changed some details for security purposes). Maybe I've been crafty after all...


1 comment:

Bran said...

You are one crafty sister...that is for sure! I'm so thankful for you and your last minute creativity...thank you friend!