Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Eliza's rainbow
For the past few months, Eliza has been a little obsessed with rainbows, and especially the fact that she had never seen one. Just a couple of weeks ago, she had me write out the words "I have never seen a rainbow" on a piece of paper so she could copy them on "signs" to put all over the house. A little strange, I thought at the time. Then last week at the beach, sweet Aunt Amy (Stephen's sister) was taking some family pictures for us one late afternoon as a storm was getting ready to roll through. We were just leaving as we could see the rain coming in the distance (a BEAUTIFUL sight in itself) when we looked up and saw this. What a BLESSING that God sent it when Amy was there to snap this shot! Eliza was so excited, and it was such a sweet moment to look at it and talk about how the rainbow was a sign of God's promises and how much He loves us. I never cease to be amazed at that thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
This photo is perfect ... so sweet!
It's so great when God gives us these moments with our kids. It's like, see all I've told you about Him is true! Love the picture and the story will always remind you of His faithfulness.
Wow! Isn't God's timing amazing? What a wonderful memory of God's faithfulness. Of course, I could hardly read the rest of your blog for all the tears.
How incredible blessed I was to be able to capture this moment!! I will never ever forget it and her sweet, precious face, when I called her name to look at me for the shot! God is so good and I call these moments little hugs from him- this was one of the bear hugs!
Love you all!
Amy
oops misspelled incredibly! i was just a kindergarten teacher after all- :)
Total God moment...how special that he cares about us so deeply to answer a little girl's request to see a rainbow!
Miss,
Daddy and I were both so touched by this blog and Eliza's beautiful smile in the photo. She is our rainbow!
We both cried!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment