Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blog tag!!

Yippee!! I've been tagged! I've seen these on other blogs---you tag people and ask them to tell certain things about themselves. In this case, 6 quirky things about myself. Thanks to my friend Susan for tagging me. And let me just say that Susan is really on the ball. She has some "mad skilz" when it come to time management--she works part-time as an attorney, is mom to two small (and precious!) children, sews beautiful clothes for her kids, blogs regularly, and reads lots of books. Susan, please share your secrets!! So here are my six tidbits:




  • I've had several jobs over the past 17 years, including "Float Girl" at the Wave Pool (the quinessential job for a teenage girl--I worked there for 4 summers in high school), wrapping gifts at Castner Knott, summer day camp for kids, college library,a dry cleaners, waiting tables at Mozzarella's and Logans, Bath and Body Works, Old Navy, SteinMart, Sylvan Learning Center, and 5 years of teaching high school math, which included 2 years as a cheerleading sponsor. That was the worst job of them all.



  • I'm an extreme bargain shopper. It absolutely kills me to think I've over-paid for something. If I make a big purchase, you can rest assured I've done hours of research to make sure we are getting the best deal for the quality. As a result of this, I am an Ebay fanatic and love to shop on "Black Friday". On Thanksgiving day, I will sit down with all the sales ads, strategizing my plan of action for the next day. Getting a bargain is my version of a runner's high.



  • I love vintage things from the 60's, especially illustrations in children's books and sewing patterns. I have a new obsession over vintage Christmas ornaments, like these.



  • I am politically apathetic. I will vote, but I despise the debates and am so thankful our state is not being bombarded by ads. Go ahead and judge me, I'm OK with that. I'm content in my own little world.

  • I have flat feet.

  • I love to label and organize. "Really??" you may ask if you've been to my house. I really do like to organize; I'm just not so great at maintaining it. I have that problem with housework, as well.

Ok, I was kind of hard up for those last two, but there it is, nonetheless. Now, I tag Tiffany S., Staci W., Brandy N., Jennifer M., Heather W. and Ann H. TAG--you're it!

No comments: