Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fun with leaves!


Wow, the leaves are beautiful around here right now. Saturday night we got the fire pit out in the front yard and had some neighbors over for hot dogs and smores. It was a little chilly, but the kids (6 of them) had a blast raking up the leaves and jumping in them, burying each other in them, and just throwing them around. It was so much fun to watch. After having carried around a marshmallow and nibbling on it for a while, poor Davis had leaves stuck all over his hands and face. But he had a blast anyway.

Yesterday we decided it would be fun to do something crafty with the beautiful leaves around our neighborhood, so we took off on a walk and collected. I'd found this idea on the Family Fun website, and here are a couple of Eliza's creations. I drew the butterfly, and she colored it in and did all the glueing. It was actually a great lesson in glueing---instead of putting one big blob in the middle, we talked about making "snakes" of glue using the veins of the leaves as guides. She requested an idea to make a turkey, so I found this idea on another craft site, but I can't remember which one. We thought they turned out pretty cute!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable picture of Davis and I love the cute leaf crafts. We may have to try that too! Anna

Bran said...

love the leaf crafts...you are one crafty southern belle, my friend!