That's Eliza, Howell, Davis, Cooper, and Betsy Hart. They actually cooperated really well for these pictures!


Eliza had a Thanksgiving program at school, and we made these little turkey cookies to take. She was sooo excited about making them after seeing them in Family Fun, and as I am somewhat "baking challenged", I thought they looked right up my alley. They were very easy and turned out really cute!
A gaggle of turkeys (is that the right plural??)
Yesterday I headed out at 5:30 am for Black Friday shopping with my sister Heather, sis-in-law Ann, and friend Suzanne. We had a blast! I usually go by myself, but it was sooo much more fun having a group to chat with while we waited in line and found all the deals. I got all but a couple of things I was looking for, and pretty much knocked out all my Christmas shopping in a few hours. I'm kind of a dork about it, scouring through sales ads and making a list of each store to go to and what I'll be getting at each place (next year I'm hoping to make a spreadsheet, instead of wagging around a spiral notebook like I usually do), but it's so much faster than browsing, and I love to have a plan. We're hoping to make it a Black Friday tradition to all go together!
It's been lots of fun being with all the fam this weekend, and we're not done yet! It's been a little wild, but it just makes me all the more thankful for all the blessings God has given us.

No comments:
Post a Comment