
I'm somewhat "challenged" in the kitchen. I love to watch the Food Network, and I REALLY love to eat, but cooking is just one of those skills God decided was best not to bestow on me. I'm always amazed that I can take a seemingly simple recipe, and completely mess it up somehow. I have a few tried and true meals and desserts that I stick with, and thankfully I have a husband who will eat pretty much anything and is just grateful he didn't have to make it. I have dreams of someday making these elaborate meals when I don't have a child attached to my leg and have endless free time, but for now, I'm content just getting edible meals on the table. So, when it comes to baking at Christmas, I take the easy way out and look for cute EASY things that even a child can make. And like the turkey cookies we made, it's really more like crafting than cooking. Right up my alley.
I found these little Rudolph cookies in my old standby, Family Fun magazine. They were super-easy to make; here are the ingredients.


Of course Davis had to join in on anything that involves food.

My other favorite goodie to make is Candy Popcorn; many thanks to my friend Suzanne for introducing me to this addictive snack. It's very easy too---just a bag of microwave popcorn, white chocolate chips, and sprinkles, just for fun. For the popcorn, I like a good butter flavor--I mean, what's better than salty, buttery, and sweet all in the same bite?? YUM. Make the popcorn, and melt 1/2 bag or 1 cup of the chocolate chips in the microwave. Then put the popcorn in a big mixing bowl, pour the melted chocolate over it, and stir it around until all the popcorn is coated. Then spread it out on the counter on aluminum foil or something like that. As you can see, I had to improvise. Yes, that is a trash bag; but it is a clean, new trash bag. I coudn't find my roll of Press N Seal, and all I had in the drawer was an empty box of foil (didn't I mention I'm challenged in the kitchen?) But the trash bag worked just as well. Spread out the popcorn, and sprinkle with the sprinkles, and just let it dry. Then snack uncontrollably until it is all gone.




2 comments:
Cute ideas! These look much neater than the cookies we decorated today. Let's just say I will be sweeping sprinkles up from my kitchen floor until 2010.
love it!!
Post a Comment