

Then this past weekend we took Eliza, along with Gram, to her first Tennessee basketball game. This little girl LOVES her Tennessee Vols, so she was jumping up and down with excitement for the several days leading up to the trip. Davis stayed behind with Mimi and Grandaddy (thanks!).

Our seats were in the nosebleed section, but we made the long trek down to the student section to get a picture with Smokey. And just let me add, I walked right by the usher guarding that section, while he stopped Stephen. He mistook me for a student perhaps??? Or maybe it was that Stephen was carrying Eliza that gave him away. I choose to believe the former :)
Eliza was very brave (overcoming her fear of large stuffed animals, i.e. mascots) to give him a high five and get this pic.
She was having a great time cheering, until about the end of the first half, when she started this.

Laying on Stephen's lap. But some cotton candy at halftime perked her up.

Laying on Stephen's lap. But some cotton candy at halftime perked her up.
But that perkiness was short-lived, as by the middle of the second half, she began chanting "I wanna go home. I wanna go home. I wanna go home." But I distracted her with the world's longest game of "Guess the animal", which lasted for the rest of the game.
She had a great time, especially spending the night in a hotel, which she thinks is the greatest thing ever. We look forward to more trips like these as the kiddos get a little bigger!


3 comments:
Glad your back to blogging!
Hey Melissa--I met your brother yesterday! Funny. He and his wife were visiting our Sunday School class and had lunch at Howard and Brenda's with the class after church.
Are you doing Broadway this year? I miss it. :( But can't give up the time with my little one. Maybe next year!
Jessie
fun! she is so cute! family trips with the four of us seems SO far away now!
Post a Comment