First she painted and glittered a piece of construction paper. Then I covered the paper with some contact paper, traced hearts with a cookie cutter, and she cut them out. 

Lastly, I got a branch out of the yard and hot-glued the hearts to them. We decided to take the bouquet to my grandmother, who was in the hospital last week. At first we weren't sure if we would be able to fit all the hearts onto the branch, so we decided to pick the "prettiest" ones to put on first. Eliza was insistent on putting the one with the cross on there, because as she said:
"We have to put the cross on there, because the cross is for Jesus, and GG is sick, and Jesus is a good healer."
Melts my heart.

Then we took her Valentine money to Hobby Lobby and got this little craft. Oh my, this brought back some memories. I remember doing these when I was little. That smell of melted plastic coming out of the oven totally took me back.


Finally, she made this picture for me for my birthday. It's our house, with she and I pretending to be princesses. See our itty bitty crowns?

I've been busy craftin' too, just by way of stationery. Here are a few cards and invitations I've made recently. I was so pleased with how they all turned out!
Our Valentine card. And yes, being the genius that I am, I put 2008 on it. I rarely write the date on anything so I'm still stuck in last year.

Our Valentine card. And yes, being the genius that I am, I put 2008 on it. I rarely write the date on anything so I'm still stuck in last year.

Now I must get busy on Eliza's Easter dress. I have this delicious stack of fabric just waiting to made into something adorable...





1 comment:
Love the fabric! I am trying to plan Easter and birthday outfits for April. If I start now, maybe I will get them finished on time!
Post a Comment