Ok, although I love sewing and crafts of all sorts, there are a few things that I have a bit more of an obsession with, so I thought I'd share some as posts, in no particular order. The first being vintage children's sewing patterns; I discovered them on ebay a couple of years ago, and until recently, I could only say I collect them, as I kept buying them, but had never actually sewn one for Eliza to wear. We did use one for
Rosie Posie this last spring season. I LOVE the pictures on the front with the cute hairstyles, and the simple cuts of the clothes; I prefer the girls' patterns from the late 60's to early 70's, a la Brady Bunch. For our Easter egg hunt this year, I decided to actually take one of my patterns out of the package and actually sew it. The one thing I do not like about these patterns is that they only come in one size per package, so you have to alter the pattern if you want to make a different size. I pretty much guess at this part, and my project below shows that I was a little off; this pattern was a size 6, but I needed a 4, so I cut down the length and the sleeves (were supposed to be 3/4 length), but I cut too much so they turned out too short. Luckily I had a pair of pants to match so it turned out ok. I was pretty pleased with the final project:


Here are a couple of other patterns I love that I hope to make soon:

No comments:
Post a Comment