This week I've been so saddened by the devastating news of the loss of Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter Maria Sue. I've been a huge fan of his music for years and years; he was one of the first concerts I ever attended, and it absolutely breaks my heart to think of about their family right now. Yesterday our pastor's sermon was on the sovereignty of God and how there are things that happen that we can't possibly make sense of, but we have to remember that God has it all in His hands, that he is sovereign over matters of life and death, and His timing is perfect. I know this in my head, but I must confess that it is very hard to make sense of the death of a 5-year old little girl. I just have to keep reminding myself that my little brain cannot even get close to comprehending the greatness of our God; and that somehow this all fits into His perfect plan.
Below is a video of Steven's song "Cinderella", and him talking about the story behind it. What a wonderful reminder to take the time to savor every moment with our little girls (and boys). I love the ages of my kids right now, but sometimes I find myself wishing they were bigger as being a mom right now is so mentally and physically exhausted (hauling around a 24 lb. little person can really wear you out!). This song really makes me want to savor every moment with them, though, even the tough ones. I can hardly watch it without tearing up; it's so hard to think that he had no idea at the time what the future held for his family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment