Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My hunka, hunka triathlete hubby

About a year ago Stephen started doing triathlons, something that I'm very impressed by. The way I see it, there are two types of people in the world: those that enjoy being active, and those that do not. I am definitely in the latter category; actually, I despise any type of excercise. I much prefer activities where I can sit down. The only reason I go to the Y is so I can watch 1 hour of uninterrupted daytime TV while my kids are playing in the childcare area. I walk on the treadmill and try not to watch the clock every second I'm on that dreadful thing. Stephen swears he gets a "high" after he runs, swims, or bikes. Unfortunately, I've never had that feeling. I just hate every second of it. But anyway, my dear hubby is quite the athlete and I'm very proud of him!
Below are some pics of him in action from the TriDeltathon he did on the campus of UT a few weeks ago. Doesn't he look handsome??

And yes, everyone does wear that kind of swim trunks, evidently called "jammers" in the "tri" circuit. I still make fun of him every time he puts them on. Juvenile, I know.

No comments: